Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Flu for dayzz

#1Today is a happy happy day:) I FINALLY got accepted to BYU! Yay!! 



The summer before my senior year of high school I decided to graduate early. There was no way I could graduate early at Mountain View so I transfered to a school called AAEC. This tiny little school allowed you to take high school credits as well as attend the community college next door. So long story short, I got my senior year done in one semester! Sounds great? Or maybe not. Honestly, those were some dreary days. I was at school literally all day. 7 am to 7pm. After school I went to work, did homework, and went to bed. Worth it? Umm yeah I hope so? Live with no regrets right? Anyway I tried to get into BYU and that didn't work out so I just went to the Salt Lake center. The point I'm trying to make, well there isn't really one I guess. Except that I'M SO HAPPY that BYU got sick of reading my application essays!! 

#2I've had this super weird stomach flu for a week now. It's like on and off and SO annoying. I'm still a little out of it, so if what I write doesn't make sense, well, sorry:)

#3My roommates=we're having issues. My apartment smells like Hell. In other words, if Hell does have a smell (hopefully I'll never know) it would smell like my kitchen. I have been sick for the last week right? So I haven't really been eating too much, aka the problem is CLEARLY not me. There are seriouslyprobably 500 absolutely horrendous dishes in my sink right now. Okay, I have to stop there. It's a heated subject as you can tell. If I keep going I'll go nuts. I want to move out!!!

This picture shows just how bad it is.. those are my clothes stuffed under the door so the smell doesn't get in. I'm never opening my door again. Ever. You think I'm kidding...



#4On a lighter, more fabulous note, here's Shlynnie babe. She's a babe A. and B. she's my best friend!:) Truly, the best. I'm just so worried for her husband, seriously. He's going to have to be absolutely OUT of this world to deserve her, and even then I'm not sure if he'll make the cut! Shlynn and I both went to the same high school but oddly enough I don't think we had ever said a word to each other before this last summer. Anyway, we started hanging out because Shylnn roomed with Mackenzie over the summer. And what do ya know? I couldn't live without her. I have never met a more humble gal. It's funny because sometimes people will say, "Oh Ashlynn, she's intimidating." I just laugh to myself because she's probably the nicest person on the Earth and would never judge a soul. She's funny because she's so strange... her sense of humor is like a puzzle you have to put together, and once you understand it, there's no going back, you're hooked on Shlynn. My favorite part about her is her teeny little baby hands and feet. Cutest things you'll ever see, so tiny! And her long blonde flowing princess hair defines her as well. There is SOO much more about her that makes her truly one of a kind, but I just want to talk about her talk she gave on Sunday in Sacrament Meeting and then I'll wrap it up. (There will probably be a zillion more posts about her in the future anyway so no worries.) Mic and I get to church pretty early, then in walks Shlynn a few minutes later with a book in one hand and scriptures in the other. Meanwhile I'm thinking wtf? Where are her papers?! WHERE is her TALK?! haha so I ask. (On a side note, I forgot to mention that Shlynn is seriously smart. Like one of the smartest people I've ever met. She knows everything. Probably.) (oh and her talk is supposed to be on following the Prophets) She's just like... and I paraphrase, "Well I checked out this book at the library! It's on the Prophets. I know what I want to say it just seemed weird to write it down cause it's not organized yet." Okay at this point I'm thinking, "Are you fetching crazy? I would be bawling my eyes out if I were you. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? PRETEND TO FAINT?? I'll cover for you when you run out of the room." But no, of course she's as calm as ever just standing there smiling. Her talk was killer. Shlynn was up there just pulling quotes and scripture references out of thin air:) The message was beautiful, I know she was very inspired that day. This chick has it together.


I'm off. We are having a fiesta tonight. I need to get dressed.




2 comments:

  1. okay flipping cute post, i love you and i love shlynn. sorry youre still sick my love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha you have sick roommates!!! does your house smell worse than my room used to?

    ReplyDelete