Sunday, October 7, 2012

I don't even like lemon meringue pie.

What an overwhelming yet peaceful weekend. One day we are going to a football game together, and the next my two best friends are setting dates and turning in their mission papers. What a life changing saturday session. Literally. I'm baffled.

Such a neat experience, one of Ashlyn's roomies is a daughter of one of the seventy so she hooked us up with some sweet tickets. Saturday afternoon and so close! Doesn't get much better. Weird though, the ENTIRE two hours there was a child, I think (I don't really know cause I never turned around to look) quietly sobbing. So confusing? Haha it was kinda funny but I really am still wondering what was going on. That was the first time I have ever been in the same room as the prophet and most of the apostles so it was great. I have so much love for the prophet, his counselors, and the twelve. I have no doubt I'll be sharing how much I love them in an upcoming post. They mean the world to me.

A few pictures from the event...




Such a crack up!! I had to put it up...



With sunday morning conference comes great food right? I definitely got lucky this morning. A few friends of mine made breakfast. It was fabulous so I just want to share...





She has no idea I stole her recipe, but these bran muffins are to die for and such a cute idea! I love this little book she had. It was just a condensed version of her favorites, hand written, so easy!

Last but not least, I made a pie! There are few kinds of pie I don't like and one of them is lemon meringue. Funny, but that's what I made. I don't know why I did, actually to be honest I do know why I made it. At the house I watched conference at they had this delicious lemon scented lotion by the sink. I just couldn't help it. I had to make a pie just as delicious as the smell. It turned out pretty good for a pie I have no interest in ever touching. I got the crust recipe from the Pioneer Woman, I would definitely recommend it! The lemon filling was just a random pulled up off of google. It was fine. I wouldn't use it again though (I guess have no room to talk considering there's a slim chance I'll make any sort of lemon pie again) so never mind, it was great. 








I love pretty food:) 

Disclaimer: Um if you just got to the end of this post and you're thinking, "Wtf, half of what she said didn't make sense, her grammar and spelling need serious help, and I don't even know what conference is." Then that is completely understandable considering I'm thinking the same thing. It's too late to function, I'm going to bed. Yay!







1 comment:

  1. hahahah you are so funny rofl. i miss you so muCHHCHCH. okay 1. i totally stole that muffin recipe and looks like it is to die for. 2. you look so fetching cute at conference and im obsessed with that dress you wore. 3. that is crazy both mac and shlyn set dates. are you freaking out? 4. hahah that kid picture from pinterest or wherever is hiLARious!! 5. your black gel nails look SO GOOD in that pic of you making the pie, i want black gel nails. 6. you would make a pie you dont even like because of the smell of random lotion somewhere even tho a pie takes time sweat and way too much effort. 7. that crust looks amazing. we should really make a pie together, i want you to teach me. 8. i dont like lemon meringue pie either but that delicious looking picture you took of the pie with just one slice taken out looks like heaven, and i could prob eat the whole thing right now.

    ReplyDelete