Sunday, November 4, 2012

Missing my babes

Sunday sunday. It's a beautiful day outside yet I'm in my bed. Elder L. Tom Perry spoke in my stake conference this morning. It was truly great. I haven't been home for five months and it's beginning to be a drag. I'm not one to complain about not going home because I like to think I have patience. I threw patience out the window four freakin' months ago when I figured it wasn't likely that I was getting home before Thanksgiving. I made potatoes for lunch today and they sort of triggered the "I miss my family" side of me once again. Basically everything triggers that feeling at this point, there's no escaping it. However the potatoes were great, so here's the recipe..

1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes 
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil 
5 cloves of minced garlic 
2 1/2 tablespoons rosemary 
2 1/2 tablespoons coarse ground mustard, or dijon 
SALT and pepper 
Possibly some chives

Boil the potatoes for about ten minutes or until they are easily pierced with a fork. (Preheat the oven to 425) While they are boiling mix all the other stuff together. When my potatoes were done boiling I cut them in half but you can leave them whole if you wish. Drain potatoes and then toss them in the mixture. Place them in a baking dish and put them in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until they are golden brown and sizzling. In the last few minutes of baking, sprinkle some chives over the potatoes.


To be quite frank, they're fabulous. (The recipe makes more than what the picture portrays, I just cut it into a baby sized portion considering no one joined me for my fabulous Sunday dinner, it's cause no one understands that I'm a great cook... hehehe.) 

On to the good stuff...

 My cute family that I miss dearly... I CAN'T wait for the day that we all get to be in the same room again!! (which is just around the corner.. CHRISTMAS.) Everyone is in this picture except Nate and Grace, and my adorable parents of course. 




Jish:)


I wish I had an individual picture of each member of the fam, but we'll just have to save that post for a moment in the future. 

Unfortunately I have procrastinated too much homework to fathom, I must be off. Happy Sunday:)


1 comment:

  1. awww leel!!! I miss you so frickin much!!! i love that pic of all da kiddos. so cute!!! IIIIIIIIIIIIII LLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE you!!

    ReplyDelete