Tuesday, October 9, 2012

WINTER WINTER winter.

You better believe I just whipped up cornbread and chili. And it's cold. And Park City resort opens Nov. 17th. And there was ice covering my windshield this morning. And I wore boots today. And I'M SO EXCITED FOR WINTER! It truly is the greatest month of the year. I already hate this post for being so unorganized, but I can't help it. 

Okay so.. I have serious issues with recipes, we have a love hate relationship. I look at a recipe, get an idea, and then from there it's just a lazy fight. I HATE referring back to exact measurements, it just takes too darn long. First of all who knew chili was so easy to make? And this cornbread? Whatta dream. I truly wish I wrote down a recipe because this meal really is soothing my soul, but I didn't so a picture will have to do... 





Okay and this cornbread looks stupid but I promise it is delightful! The original recipe is from The Daily Dish but I revised it a tiny bit.. okay a ton. Don't make it.

1/2 c. cornmeal 
1 1/2 c. bread flour 
3/4 c. sugar
1 Tbs. baking powder 
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1/4 c. melted butter 
1 Tbs. honey
2 eggs, beaten 
1 c. milk

That is seriously sketchy that I'm posting this recipe. How many people make cornbread on a daily basis though.. I'm guessing no one. However if you do end up making it (Alex) let me know how it goes!


Yay!

1 comment:

  1. oh em geee, I am making this tomorrow!!! ps how/why the freak did you just have available cornmeal laying around? i love it. give the the chili recipe toooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete